Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Southwestern Flank Steak

I was craving a steak for dinner and decided to make a rub using Southwestern spices. The rub was simple to make and tasted fantastic on the flank steak. I threw the spices together in a zip lock bag and shook it up to make sure it was mixed thoroughly. I sprinkled the flank steak with the seasonings and stored the remaining rub for later use. I let the rub sit on the meat for a few hours before cooking in my grill pan. It had a hint of heat and was loaded with flavor - my whole family gobbled it up.

Southwestern Flank Steak:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net



  • 3 tsp chili powder

  • 2 tsp smoked paprika

  • 1 tsp cumin

  • 1 tsp oregano

  • 1 tsp coriander

  • 1 tsp garlic powder

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 1 tsp black pepper

  • 1/2 tsp onion powder

  • Pinch of cayenne

  • Flank steak
  • More... )

    © Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

    No comments:

    Post a Comment