Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cilantro and Lime Rice

I have always wanted to try making this rice dish and I can't believe it's taken me so long to do it. I found this recipe on Closet Cooking and trusted that it would be good because Kevin always has great recipes. It was not only really simple to make it also had very little clean up. I loved the cilantro and subtle lime flavor - it tasted fantastic and was a big hit with my family. This dish paired nicely with the Southwestern Flank Steak. I plan on making this rice again and again. Thanks for the great recipe Kevin.
Cilantro and Lime Rice:

Adapted recipe and photo by For the Love of Cooking.net

Original recipe from Closet Cooking


  • 1-2 tsp olive oil

  • 1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced

  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced

  • 1 cup long grained rice (brown or white)

  • 2 cups of water

  • 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules

  • 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped

  • Juice and zest of 1 lime


More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment