Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup with Pesto Tortelloni

I was craving something simple to make for dinner and since it was a really cold and rainy day, I decided soup would be perfect. I had all the ingredients on hand for my roasted tomato and basil soup but decided to make it a bit heartier by adding pesto tortelloni. It was simple and delicious with very little clean up. I served this soup with my House Salad and freshly baked crusty bread. It was a big hit with my entire family. This recipe only makes a small batch of soup (perfect for two adults and two small children), double the recipe if you need to feed a larger crowd.
Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup with Pesto Tortelloni:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net

Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic:


  • 1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes

  • 2 tbsp olive oil

  • Salt and pepper to taste

  • 1/2 tsp dried basil

  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced into thin slivers

  • More... )

    © Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

    No comments:

    Post a Comment