Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken and Basil Dumplings

I found this recipe in my Cooking Light Best Chicken Recipes magazine. The original recipe made rosemary dumplings but since my husband and I don't care for rosemary, I decided to use basil instead. This recipe was very easy to make and tasted FANTASTIC. It really hit the spot after being sick for so long. I loved the dumplings and the rich broth filled with chunks of chicken, carrots and celery. My kids and husband also agreed that it was a delicious dinner and my daughter asked if she could have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I will be making this recipe over and over.
Chicken and Basil Dumplings:

Adapted recipe from For the Love of Cooking.net

Original Recipe from Cooking Light Best Chicken Recipes

Soup:



  • 2 tsp olive oil

  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced

  • 3-4 carrots, diced

  • 3 stalks of celery, diced

  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced

  • 8 cups of chicken broth (I used homemade)

  • 2 cups of roasted chicken, shredded

  • 1 tsp dried basil

  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

  • 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules

  • More... )

    © Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

    No comments:

    Post a Comment