Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beef and Barley Stew

It was a freezing cold day and I wanted to make something for dinner that would warm us all up. I started browsing the Internet and found a hearty and filling soup from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary that looked delicious. I adapted the recipe a bit to use what I had on hand. I filled it up with veggies and meat so it turned out to be a thick stew instead of a soup - perfect for the cold day. My daughter loved this stew and requested it for lunch the following day, she did say she didn't like the mushrooms. My husband and I both really enjoyed the stew as well but our son said he didn't like it (the only soup he likes is clam chowder). I served this stew with a fresh loaf of crusty bread for a filling and satisfying dinner.

Beef and Barley Stew:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net

Adapted recipe from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary


More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment