Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Pasilla Peppers

I love stuffing pasilla peppers with different ingredients. I had leftover Southwestern Roasted Chicken to use up so I decided to mix the chicken with black beans, cilantro, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno, sharp cheddar cheese and some seasonings then stuff the mixture into the pasilla peppers. I topped each baked stuffed pepper with guacamole and served them with a side of salsa. Words can't describe how good this dish was! My husband and I both LOVED these stuffed peppers. They were spicy, flavorful and so delicious. I HIGHLY recommend this recipe for anyone who loves Mexican food.

Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Pasilla Peppers:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net


  • 2 cups of leftover roasted chicken meat, shredded

  • 1/2 cup of black beans, drained and rinsed

  • 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese

  • 2 tbsp red and yellow bell pepper, diced

  • 2 tbsp red onion, diced

  • 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped

  • 1/2 small jalapeno, diced

  • 1 clove of garlic, minced

  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

  • Dash of oregano

  • Dash of cumin


More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment