Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sugar Cookies

During the holiday season I make my children's teachers homemade goodies as a thank you. This year we decided to make sugar cookies so the kids could decorate them with all sorts of fun sprinkles. I was looking forward to trying out a new cookie sheet I recently bought with Christmas shapes. When I took the cookies out of the oven, I was concerned at first because they were so golden brown, but after trying a cookie I was extremely happy with them. The cookies came out thick, soft and very delicious. My kids had a great time decorating the cookies and testing them too. What a wonderful way to spend a cold and rainy afternoon.

Sugar Cookies:

Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net

Original recipe from Simply Recipes



  • 3 cups of flour

  • 1 cup of white sugar

  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1 cup of butter, softened

  • 1 egg

  • 3 tbsp of milk

  • 1 tsp pure almond extract

  • More... )

    © Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

    No comments:

    Post a Comment