Thursday, December 17, 2009

Beef and Bean Chimichangas

We had ripe avocados that needed to be used up so I decided to make fresh guacamole and serve it on top of homemade ground beef and bean chimichangas. This meal was extremely easy to make and tasted fantastic. I loved the sharp cheddar with the beef and bean mixture inside of the crisp tortilla. I never fry my chimichangas I either bake them or cook them in a skillet with cooking spray. They are so flavorful, crisp and delicious without being greasy. My husband, daughter and I loved these chimichangas. My son opted for nachos with the beef and bean mixture and was completely thrilled with his dinner.
Beef and Bean Chimichangas:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net


  • 1 tsp olive oil

  • 1 lb of lean ground beef (I used 93/7)

  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced

  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced

  • 1 tsp paprika

  • 1 tsp chili powder

  • 1 tsp ground cumin

  • 1 tsp garlic powder

  • 1 tsp oregano

  • Dash of red pepper flakes

  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

  • 1 can of chili beans, drained



More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment