Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Seed Brittle

pumpkin-seed-brittle

I hope I’m making your life easier when I say you should make this well in advance of dinner. This is not just because you need the brittle to be completely cold before shattering it into shards to serve with coffee, but because making caramel with an audience, or even the prospect of one, can be a step too far. I always like any form of cooking which involves a possible element of danger, but even so, regard that as a private pleasure. I wouldn’t want to have a tableful of people waiting as I did it. It would be as nervy-making as reversing into a parking spot with a crowd of passers-by grinding to a halt to watch and make those irritating would-be-helpful hand signals as you do so.

Yield:
Serves 8

More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment