Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Italian Wedding Soup

I had a wonderful time in Boise with my sisters and girlfriends. We ate at all of my favorite restaurants and my sister had her co-worker make her AMAZING chile rellanos for us again. They are pure heaven! We watched a couple of really good movies, relaxed and hung out with my nephews and brother in law. It was a nice weekend away with some of my favorite people. It was great to get home to see my husband and children, it's amazing how much I missed my family in such a short time away.

It was snowing when I left Boise this morning and rainy and cold in Portland so I decided to make a big pot of comforting soup. I've seen Italian wedding soup in cookbooks for years but have never tried making it before. I didn't really follow any recipe, I just made it up as I went. I am sure it isn't authentic Italian Wedding Soup but it was delicious to us! We all really loved the little meatballs and big chunks of carrot. I used beef for the meatballs because that's what my husband wanted but you could also use ground turkey or chicken. I topped the soup with Asiago cheese and fresh parsley. My kids gobbled it up and my daughter asked if she could have the leftovers in her thermos for school tomorrow. I served this soup with freshly baked crusty bread for dipping.

Italian Wedding Soup:

Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net


More... )

© Ken for MobiPre.COM | mobipre's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment